Full-Time Employee Benefits
The Town of Boxborough offers a generous benefits package for all benefit eligible employees. As a newly hired employee, you will be offered coverages including, but not limited to:
- Health Insurance - Blue Cross Blue Shield, Harvard Pilgrim & Tufts plans are available
- Dental Insurance - Altus Dental
- Flexible Spending Account - Ultrabenefits
- Boston Mutual Insurances - Basic life, long-term disability & whole-life plans are available
- Colonial Insurances - Short-term disability, 24-hour accident care & hospital indemnity plans are available
- Retirement Plans
- CanaRx Program
- My Telemedicine Program
Mid-year insurance changes for most coverages are only allowed for qualifying life events. To make a change from your existing coverage to another plan, enroll or cancel coverage for yourself or any of your dependents, or to enroll with the town as a new subscriber please complete the appropriate enrollment form(s). These forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
If you are enrolling a dependent for the first time, you must include:
- For a spouse or ex-spouse: A copy of their Social Security Card and your city/town issued marriage certificate or your divorce decree.
- For dependent children under age 26: A copy of their Social Security Card and a birth certificate, adoption, or guardianship papers.
All applications and accompanying paperwork must be received by Jared R. Aponte, Treasurer/ Collector, within 30 days from your date of hire or within 30 days of the qualifying life event.