The Town Clerk is the official keeper of records for the Town of Boxborough. The office handles the recording and preservation of town records, including:
- Bylaws of the Town of Boxborough
- Birth, death, marriage certificates
- Board of Appeals filings and decisions
- Recording the annual town census and street list
- Posting notification of all meetings of all town governmental bodies
- Town meeting warrant and minutes certification of all actions voted at town meetings
Permits & Licenses
The Town Clerk is responsible for issuing permits and licenses, including:
- Burial Permits
- Business Certificates
- Dog Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Permits for Raffles and Bazaars
The Town Clerk is the chief election officer of the town and oversees all local, state and federal elections, including:
- Certification of candidates’ nomination papers and petition articles
- Supervision of voter registration
- Issuing of absentee ballots
- Oversees local, state and federal elections
- Reporting and certifying election results
Open Meeting & Conflict of Interest Law
The Town Clerk is responsible for disseminating information on Open Meeting Law and Conflict of Interest Law.
Forms & Applications
Resources for Boards and Committees
- How, when, and where do I register to vote?
- How, when, and where do I vote?
- How do I get an absentee ballot?
- Do I need a Business Certificate (DBA)? How do I obtain one?
- How do I obtain a copy of a birth, marriage, or death certificate?
- How do I obtain a dog license?
- How do I obtain a marriage license?